We often feature photos of abandoned places that look very far from human touch. With time and natural occurrences like sunshine and rain, buildings start to deteriorate when we leave them.
We know that no matter what, everything decays one day or another. But the touch of humans can slow down this decaying process. Yet, if there’s no one to take care of and repair these abandoned places, the course of nature will take over in a concise amount of time. And when it does, these places that humans deserted years ago will take a complete turnaround and start looking eerie and haunted.
There are only a few locations like these. With the rapidly growing population, almost every corner of the earth is being urbanized and developed. Abandoned places get taken down and destroyed while new modern buildings start owning the site.
Therefore sadly, however attractive these eerie places might look, their numbers are going down every day. But fortunately, we found a thread on Reddit where people worldwide keep updating with photos they captured of similarly weird places.
Every one of these pictures looks more haunted than the last, and we’re thankful for that community on Reddit who keeps this thread of photos going. Thanks to them, we get to share it with you today. To be honest, it’s not surprising that this sub reddit already has a jaw-dropping 1.4 million followers.
The places captured by people here have a unique artistic nature. However decaying they may be, those places still project the old architecture and skills of artists who lived in those days. Therefore, the best places to study history are these abandoned castles, lighthouses, churches, adventure parts, vehicles, and factories.
By 2050 expected population of our world will be a whopping 7.9 billion. So can we ever think that there will be an inch left untouched by people, still lingering between yesterday and tomorrow? That’s highly unlikely.
So we urge you to hurry up, explore and visit these places which are still stuck in the past; get spooked by their weird looks and have nightmares about them. Nah! I’m just kidding. Some sites have an otherworldly beauty, even though they have been abandoned for centuries today.
Scroll down to the gallery below, and you will see it yourself. And don’t forget to support this thread to stay alive by contributing any eerie photos of abandoned places you may have. Let us know what you think of these pictures we collected for you from the sub reddit.
Don’t be shy to like, comment, and share our blog. And with that, we’ll see you next time.
1. I.M. Cooling Tower, Belgium
2. Kolmanskop, Namibia
3. 102-Year-Old Floating Forest in Sydney, Australia
4. The Maunsell Sea Forts, England
5. Last House on Holland Island, U.S.A
6. Pripyat, Ukraine
7. House of the Bulgarian Communist Party, Bulgaria
8. Nara Dreamland, Japan
9. Uninhabited Island in Southwest Florida, U.S.A.
10. Abandoned Mill, Italy
11. Michigan Central Station in Detroit, U.S.A.
12. Sunken Yacht, Antarctica
13. The Haunting New Bedford Orpheum, U.S.A.
14. Abandoned Train Station, Abkhazia, Georgia
15. Abandoned Wooden Houses, Russia
16. Underwater City in Shicheng, China
17. The Abandoned City Hall Subway Stop in New York, U.S.A.
18. Salto Hotel, Colombia
19. Abandoned Subway Tunnel in Kiev, Ukraine
20. Abandoned Submarine Base in Balaklava, Ukraine
21. Abandoned Military Hospital in Beelitz, Germany
22. Hashima Island, Japan
23. San Zhi, Taiwan
24. Abandoned Church in the Snow, Canada